Hopefully we are finally leaving the cold weather behind and the effects it has on our skin.
I have noticed dramatically my clients coming to me for online advice recently all suffering from the same skin conditions; dry / flaky / dehydrated skin. This is very much attributed to the season but also our current lifestyle situation is different than 'normal' as we continue to stay at home, work from home, and perhaps not investing in ourselves how we used to.
Now that Spring is upon us and with the turn of British Summer Time it is time to shake up our Skincare and Makeup routines and invest in ourselves with my TOP FIVE TIPS FOR HEALTHY SKIN AND YOUR SPRING MAKEUP MUST HAVES!
1) WATER Not makeup I know and I know it sounds cliche but it is vital to have a good water intake for hydrated skin and a healthy body. Dehydration not only has an effect on our skin but our overall health and can include side effects such as dry mouth, headaches, poor concentration, mental and physical function. Aim for 6-8 glasses of fluids per day, this can vary with level of exercise and age so do research accordingly.
2) HYDRATION BOOST I find it quite common for ladies to invest more in a nice pair of shoes or a handbag but not their skin - why is that? Coming out of Winter our skin is deserving of a hydration boost!
My favourite products are Seoulista Beauty Super Hydration Instant Facial Mask which delivers instant results in just 20 minutes! A naturally derived coconut mask infused with Hyaluronic Acid, rich in antioxidants to defend against aging, improves skin elasticity, smoothness and radiance.
My second favourite product for Hydrating throughout the day, before and after makeup is Sculpted by Aimee Hydrate & Hold. Spray as many times as needed throughout the day for instant hydration. Contains Hyaluronic Acid for plumped hydrated skin. Lemon Extract to help control your skin's oils and Centella Asiatica Extract to help strengthen skin barriers. I love this citrus scented mist and find it very refreshing.
3) ADD A GLOW If your skin is lacking lustre, is dull, is experiencing dryness I LOVE adding a glow to the skin for a healthier appearance!
You can do this in many ways! A radiant primer such as Seoulista Beauty Rosy Glow Primer or Sculpted by Aimee Beauty Base Pearl . Introduce a Liquid Illuminator, my favourite is delilah Pure Light Liquid Radiance in Lunar add it directly to skin before makeup, mix in with your foundation or wear on top of foundation! If you prefer a powder illuminator then opt for Award Winning Pure Light Illuminating Powder in Aura. Personally I love them both! You can also try both delilah products in miniature handbag / travel sizes in the stunning limited edition delilah Glow Collection
4) OPT FOR LIGHTER COVERAGE FOUNDATION I'm pretty sure you know by now how much I love delilah TimeFrame Foundation. It is a light to medium coverage with a dewy finish and SPF20 and is stunning on drier skins and more mature skins and for someone wanting a lighter coverage and fresh makeup look!
5) USE CREAM PRODUCTS Cream products can be a little scary if you haven't used them before but trust me, they're stunning and easy to use! Sculpted by Aimee Liquid Lights Duo is a gorgeous liquid highlighter and blush duo and gives the most beautiful dewy glow to the skin, just tap onto the skin with your finger or blend with a brush. Senna Cheeky Blush is a cream blusher that sets as a powder and gives a stunning softly blushed finish.
As always if you need help with your makeup choices or colour matching please get in touch. Makeup lessons will resume when Government Restrictions for close contact services lift.
Love Stacey xx
(Image credit: Glenn Norwood)